RC Combat Nationals July 6th thru 9th 2011

Pump your upcoming event here...location, cost, how many rounds, classes....etc!
Donduck73

RC Combat Nationals July 6th thru 9th 2011

Postby Donduck73 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:33 pm

We are less than a month from the Nationals in Muncie Indiana. If you are coming please make sure that you get registered on the RC Combat site as well as send in your registration to the AMA. The registration with the AMA is due by June 15th or you will have to pay the late fee. I have posted links below to the registration form for the official and unofficial events. We need a good turn out to show the AMA that RC Combat is still out here flying. I will be there to do the Nats Newsletter again this year.

Official Event Nats Entry Form
http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/Official2011NatsEntryForm.pdf
Unofficial Events Nats Entry Form
http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/2011UnofficialEntryform.pdf

Here is a link to the Schedule of the event.
http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/2011RCCombatDailySchedule.pdf

Here is information about the site with directions and hotel information.
http://www.modelaircraft.org/maphotel.aspx
Donald Grissom
RCCA# 722
RCCA Webmaster

Captain America

Re: RC Combat Nationals July 6th thru 9th 2011

Postby Captain America » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:23 am

Well, it is official... I wont be able to take the days off to be in Muncie this year, I have a customer coming in from Spain the 7th and 8th and I suppose if they fly all the way over here I ought to meet with them. I was hoping to help Bob with the CD and line duties at least during the scale and ssc events but it does not appear that it will work out for me this year. You guys enjoy and keep us posted daily on the results.

Capn
Sean #838

boiler

Postby boiler » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:27 pm

You will be missed. :(
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]

Fred420

Postby Fred420 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:26 am

Lynn and I also will not be there :( Sorry I will not have any streamers to donate. One plus is that I will not have to have my own trash can :oops:

We will be in Peru, Ill for a 7 day for the U.S. Regional's, 15-17 yr olds, Baseball tournament in Aug. and that will take up a good portion of vacation time. Should be some good ball. We will make Mid-America in Sept. and hope to alot of you there.

Have fun and I hope no lightning comes you way............... :lol:
Dave "Sparky" Davis
RCCA #870
"Earth is the insane asylum for the universe"
"May you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings, slow to make enemies
and quick to make friends. But rich or poor, quick or slow, may you
know nothing but happiness from this day forward. The way you lived yesterday determined your today.
But the way you love today will determine your tomorrow."

lightning

Postby lightning » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:06 pm

Captain America wrote:Well, it is official... I wont be able to take the days off to be in Muncie this year, I have a customer coming in from Spain the 7th and 8th and I suppose if they fly all the way over here I ought to meet with them. I was hoping to help Bob with the CD and line duties at least during the scale and ssc events but it does not appear that it will work out for me this year. You guys enjoy and keep us posted daily on the results.

Capn
Don't feel too bad Sean - Minime told me tonight he won't be going this year. First Combat NATS he has missed - EVER!
Wot's going on with AAron - has he fallen of the edge of the Earth?
Keith Jones
AMA CD #7601
Radio Control Club of Detroit
and proud member of the OGC

Big Dog

Postby Big Dog » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:42 pm

Keith looks like a common theme this year only 13 sign ups ??? I am in the same fix with time off of work. I am in a deffer ed retirement for the next 4 years and my vacation time was cashed out and is now capped. Wish I could have made it this year.
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it

Captain America

Postby Captain America » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:47 am

Now that is a shame that Don wont make it.

Aaron is deep into some work projects, there is a little money flowing this summer and we are all trying to capitalize on the opportunity before things go flat line again.
Sean #838

Donduck73

Postby Donduck73 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:35 am

Well instead of just bad news about who is not going to be there. I got most of my planes ready hope to get some flights this weekend. I am hoping for some cooler weather next week. We have been in the 90s the last month. I hope to get up there some time in the afternoon tues. I noticed that we do nit have brian gilkey signed up. I guess his brother has gotten to good for him :) see yall later
Donald Grissom

RCCA# 722

RCCA Webmaster

boiler

Postby boiler » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:22 am

I have an extra B fuse and wing plus an extra SSC wing done so after the NATS I won't need to rebuild. I have 6 2948 planes and only plan to risk 3 at the NATS. I will test fly a twin rail B fuse with a 2.4 GHZ radio placed in a Piranha type wing riser today. Working for a quicker and simpler build for B.
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]

sgilkey

Postby sgilkey » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:39 am

yep, brian can't make it, since he has a full-time job. in fact he just got word yesterday that he's being transferred to a new plant under construction near East Lansing, so he's moving back into his MSU apartment next week. We will miss him, but like Sean said, these days you gotta go where the money is. Eric has a baseball tournament in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario July 1-3, we are going to sightsee in the Upper Peninsula Monday the 4th and drive home 6 hours, unload, pack up Tuesday morning and drive to Muncie. Gonna have a tired butt when I arrive! Eric insisted on going and did NOT want to miss Nats, so we'll be there for the fun. Trying to decide if we are going to bring our Leader Dog puppy Onyx for the trip, I know he would enjoy it a lot. We need to turn him back in the first week of August. He will also be missed. The house is going to seem very empty come September.....
Scott Gilkey
RCCA# 330

sgilkey

Postby sgilkey » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:57 am

forgot to mention, on a positive note, I have practically nothing to do to get ready, other than to pack up and drive. We had gotten everything ready for Bean Town and since we were not able to go, most everything is already ready for Nats. Just one Limited B plane need a wing- we usually try to have two wings per fuse and as luck would have it, Eric toasted a wing and the backup wing is the turd of the fleet. So I might try to get a replacement wing for that plane ready. Other than that, not much! Usually I am spending the two days prior to Nats with test flights etc. Good thing I don't have to do that this year! See y'all in Muncie!
Scott Gilkey

RCCA# 330

AIM

Postby AIM » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:22 am

Captain America wrote:Now that is a shame that Don wont make it.

Aaron is deep into some work projects, there is a little money flowing this summer and we are all trying to capitalize on the opportunity before things go flat line again.

Sean is right. Things really seem to be hittin good again. I have even turned down work this year which is something I haven't done in probably 3 years. I really hate being a no show for combat but ya gotta make hay while the sun shines as they say.

Don't worry... I'll be back to whip your asses in time.
"my only regret is that I have but one streamer to give to my fellow competitors"
Aaron Snyder RCCA 819

lightning

Postby lightning » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:42 pm

AIM wrote:
Captain America wrote:Now that is a shame that Don wont make it.

Sean is right. Things really seem to be hittin good again. I have even turned down work this year which is something I haven't done in probably 3 years. I really hate being a no show for combat but ya gotta make hay while the sun shines as they say.

Don't worry... I'll be back to whip your asses in time.
Well, you may well be back but I'm not holdin' my breath for the other part :roll: :roll:
Keith Jones
AMA CD #7601
Radio Control Club of Detroit
and proud member of the OGC

boiler

Postby boiler » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:24 am

Packed and on my way. Not taking my lap top. Check NATS NEWS on the AMA site for updates.
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher

Return to “Upcoming event?!?”